- Successful single crystal growth of YbNi4P2 by Bridgman and Czochralski method.
- Large and inclusion free single crystals grown from levitating melt.
- Growth from high-temperature solutions;
- Czochralski method;
- Single crystal growth;
- Ytterbium compounds;
- Rare earth compounds;
- Quantum critical materials
- If you need more information about crytal wafer, please visit our website:http://www.powerwaywafer.com/SiC-Substrate.html, send us email at email@example.com.
The tetragonal YbNi4P2 is one of the rare examples of compounds that allow the investigation of a ferromagnetic quantum critical point. We report in detail on two different methods which have been used to grow YbNi4P2 single crystals from a self-flux. The first, a modified Bridgman method, using a closed crucible system yields needle-shaped single crystals oriented along the -direction. The second method, the Czochralski growth from a levitating melt, yields large single crystals which can be cut in any desired orientation. With this crucible-free method, samples without flux inclusions and a resistivity ratio at 1.8 K of have been grown.